Security and AMP, Personal Data
Boston Dom is aware of the importance of the security of personal data as well as electronic transactions and has taken all necessary steps to ensure maximum security. All information relating to users ‘ personal information must be treated as confidential in accordance with applicable personal data protection laws. In this statement, we explain how the security of the company’s online store is achieved, what information we may collect from you, how we use and share such information and your rights in relation to it:
Customer Personal Information:
We collect the following Personal Data:
- Name, home, address, landline and mobile phone number, email address, social network account ID. In addition, during each visit to our site, information such as the browser used, the user’s IP address or information about the products they see is automatically collected in order to improve the quality of service for statistical or technical reasons. Such personal data is collected and processed by visiting, registering, logging in to an existing account or ordering products on the company’s website.
- Debit and credit card numbers, other card information, and general payment, billing, and account information
- Reviews and comments about our services
- Any other publicly available personal information, including information that is published on websites and that you have shared through a publicly available platform. We and our service providers and / or agents and / or affiliates may collect Personal Information, directly from you and / or indirectly through another source, whether these are provided in writing or verbally.
- Users details (name, profession, email, home address, landline, mobile phone, etc.) and transactions of online store users are considered confidential, as in normal commercial transactions. Only authorized personnel have access to transaction information and only when necessary to process orders. Personal data specified on the website www.boston-dom.com, used exclusively by the site www.boston-dom.com or its affiliates to support, promote and execute business relationships, promote products and inform customers. All documents and electronic data exchanged by the parties during the sale are stored on the website www.boston-dom.com.
Transfer of Personal Data
Visitor and customer data may be shared with partners or other services related to the purposes of the www.boston-dom.com . The associate companies have been carefully selected, are within the European Economic Area, are subject to the relevant EU legislation and provide the highest possible level of security.
Data can also be transferred to official authorities if there is a legal obligation or a court order.
Data is also transferred to third parties for the proper execution of contracts in the following cases:
1) For the delivery of goods to carriers and postal service providers, as specified when placing the order.
2) To pay for goods to domestic or foreign payment service providers or banking institutions specified when placing an order.
During the payment process, payment information is not recorded or stored during this transaction, such as credit card numbers or banking or other information. This information is provided directly to the relevant payment service provider exclusively.
How We Use Information We Collect About You
Any personal information we hold about you will be kept secure and will only be processed, used and / or disclosed by us to help us manage our business and improve our services for you. Use may include:
As necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with the products or services you requested or which we consider in our legitimate interests:
- processing, confirming, and tracking any purchase you make from us
- communicating with you about your purchases
- processing any subscription or registration you make to one of our services (e.g.; creating an account on our web site, subscribing for catalogue mailing and using our in-store consultation services)
- providing and maintaining functionality on our website, customer ratings/review
- sharing and using your photos and other content that you share with us for that purpose
- handling your customer services requests
- analyzing customer service and satisfaction surveys
- analyzing use of our web site, preferences, trends, and statistics
- updating and correcting the information we hold about you
- helping us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, websites and apps
Based on your voluntary consent:
- providing you with personalized advertising on our website and on other websites
- sending personalized marketing communications informing you of our new products, services, and offers and
- providing you with other information from and about us.
Please see “Disclosure to third parties” and “Marketing communications” below for further details about how we use your information.
- Disclosure of information to third parties
- to help us deliver effective services, we work with a number of third-party service providers. Your personal information may be shared with these third parties from time to time to help us manage our operations.
The following categories of third parties that may come into contact with your personal information:
- payment processors
- shipping and courier firms
- companies that manage our IT systems
- analytics companies who help us understand how our web site is used
In addition to the foregoing, please note that the third parties mentioned above will in many cases have their own statement regarding the collection and use of your personal information. We strongly advise you to carefully review these statements.
We may also share your information with other partners with whom we have a close relationship so that they can tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We share your data with other partners only if you have agreed to receive information about third-party promotions. You can opt out of these promotions at any time.
If you set your registry preferences to allow public access, your name, your co-registrant’s name, and your event name and date will be publicly viewable by people who search for your registry using your name or your co-registrant’s name. You can change your settings at any time by signing into your account.
We may also disclose your personal information at the request of any government or regulatory authority investigating alleged illegal activity, including law enforcement, or when we otherwise believe that this is required by law or legal process. We will take steps to ensure that third parties respect your privacy and fulfill their own responsibilities in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Transfers Outside of Cyprus
Some of the third parties that we may share your information with may be located outside of Cyprus. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your personal information. We will only transfer your information outside of Cyprus when we have ensured that your privacy will be adequately safeguarded through all the necessary and appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information.
When you provide us with your data, we will ask you to confirm whether you want to receive marketing communications from us and / or our Partners. If you subscribe to marketing communications, you will receive information from us and / or third parties about products, promotions or special offers that may be of interest to you. They can be sent by email, SMS or by mail.
Reasonable organization, technical and administrative measures are in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, while the Personal Information is stored in our archives. Among the things used to ensure the protection of your data are the minimization of people who have access to the electronic archives where the Personal Information are stored, and web security against hacker attacks. We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
We also carry out check to ensure that our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information, have reasonable measures in place to provide an adequate level of data protection and to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Cookies deployed by our Service Providers and other third parties
Your information that we need to manage you as our customer will be kept for as long as you are our customer. When you wish to terminate your account, your data will be erased accordingly, unless otherwise required by applicable law. We may indeed have to retain some transactional information for evidentiary purposes according to applicable law.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Our web site may contain links to web sites, “apps” and social media (such as Facebook and Instagram) operated and maintained by third parties, over which we have no control.
Links are provided for convenience only and are not endorsed or recommended by us. They should be used at your own risk.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
With regard to your personal information, you have the right to:
- request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your personal information
- request corrections of your personal information if such personal information proves inaccurate or incomplete